Monday, May 23, 2011

Tommy's sip and see

The first weekend in April I threw cousin Tommy a sip and see.  Sip and sees are fairly new (and apparently European); I had not heard of them until a few years ago when one was thrown for a friend.  It's just a shower you throw after the big event- usually a baby's birth.  It was a great way to introduce Tommy to all our friends that had not yet seen him.  It was at my house and I kept with his jungle animal room theme for the shower.
  

One of my favorite things: a candy bar.  The cards say things like "We love Tommy to pieces" on the Reeses Pieces and "Jumping for joy to have a boy" on the jelly beans.  I'm totally unashamed that I stole that idea directly from the Hostess with the Mostess website.
These are my favorite cupcakes: mini chocolate mocha cupcakes.  Thank you Pioneer Woman!  Yum!



There aren't any pictures of me holding Tommy because I didn't.  My boys had both been sick that week and I'd had started to feel like I was getting it (I did by the way), so I played it safe and didn't touch him.  It was such a bummer but still good to get a chance to see him.  
With my mom and sister and Tommy, of course.

James loves looking out the window.



And helping Aunt Lindsay open gifts.

A picture with my girlfriends who came to meet Tommy.  This was the day after I went red--- my hair was in what I call the neon stage.  Thankfully, it faded quickly.  =)

1 comment:

  1. It was such a great sip n see! Your attention to detail serves you well in these situations:) everything was Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete