Sunday, May 1, 2011

Back at the ZOO

Two weeks ago, Steven and I met up with friends at the zoo.  Charlton was off that day and was doing things around the house, so I left James to get his nap while Steven and I had some fun.  We've missed the zoo.  It's one of my favorite things to do with the kids, but it's hard to squeeze it in between James' morning and afternoon naps especially considering that it takes us at least 45 min to get there now.  Charlton had taken Steven a few times after James was born but this was my first time back in a year.  (I just couldn't walk around all day in early summer heat and 8-9 months pregnant last year- sorry).  We are looking forward to lots more field trips to the zoo this year.

The cast of CATS was doing face painting by the lion and tiger exhibits that day.  They were great with the kids.  He asked Steven what color cat he wanted to be and Steven picked yellow and green.  He said it was his first green cat of the day.  =)

With his cat and butterfly cousins:


I took these pics all on my phone.  This one is so great- wish it were a little clearer of Steven with his buddy, Asher, and cousin Saige.  


3 comments: