Saturday, October 13, 2012

Steven turns 6!

When I get busy, the blog is the first thing that is neglected.  So, there is a lot to catch up on starting with Steven's birthday.  He was excited that his party was a week before his birthday; so excited that he started telling people that his birthday was August 25.  Nope.  It's still September 2, kid.  Steven's birthday obsessed and when I recently told him a friend didn't have a party this year he was very concerned: "What happens if you don't have a party?  Do you stay the same age?"  Man, my kids are so spoiled.  I've already been preparing him for the fact that next year we're not doing a big party again.  I'm a big talker though and I love parties so I guess we'll see...

This year we had his Star Wars party at Pump It Up to accommodate his request to invite school and church friends.  
James had a blast and would not let Charlton or I go with him on the inflatables.  A nice development in our minds.  



Popo with my nephew Josh



Aunt Lindsay, Uncle Kyle, & Tommy



Steven and cousin Saige


wrestling with Uncle Patrick


With buddy Jackson

Charlton with Josh 

I think Patrick and Cheryl were trying to get a family picture here and got a few tag-alongs

Steven's cake- isn't my man the best cake decorator? Steven requested an Episode 2 cake and Charlton delivered.

Trouble on a bench right there (I'm referring to the little boys)


I love this picture- they're in a deep Star Wars discussion



With best buddy, Matthew

Steven even got a visit from Darth Vader

Steven with some school friends.  They were all playing with their party favors: pool noodle light sabers and SW masks

Being Jedi with the Rives brothers

This is the picture that their mom makes them take- not thrilled, are they?

with cousins


We all wore SW shirts of course

With Mimi and Popo

And Mammaw and Pappaw



Opening presents- I'm posting this one and sparing you dozens of pictures of him opening a ridiculous amount of LEGOS sets.  He was thrilled.  


It was super fun!  Can't believe my big boy is 6.  What an amazing, special kid he is!

1 comment: